How to share your screen in Microsoft Teams
Starting a screen sharing session in Teams is quite easy, and in this guide, we’ll show you how you can do it.
- Move your mouse to the bottom-middle corner of the screen during a meeting in Teams
- Choose the chat control options
- Click the third icon from the left, it’s the icon with the square box and arrow
- You can then choose either one of your screens or desktops or a window or program to share
- Please be aware that during screen sharing, your entire screen will be visible, and the shared area will have a red outline to it.
- To be safe, you might just want to choose the option to share a program only, as, in this situation, people in the call will only see the program of your choice.
- Everything else over the program will show up as a grey box.
- We strongly recommend that you test it before using it with students
- Once you finish sharing, you can end by clicking the Stop Sharing icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- For added productivity during your Teams meeting, you’ll also notice an option for Microsoft Whiteboard.
- This will let you and your students share a space to take notes or drawings during a meeting. It’s very cool, especially since everyone can collaborate at once.